Monday, September 23, 2013

343

After the last leg workout, it feels like I've strained my left hamstring and the plantar fasciitis has flared up like crazy in my right foot.  So I didn't do much last week except for running/participating in drills with the Churchill JV team.  


Last Friday was my 39th birthday.  Priya and I took the kids to the nature center on Democracy Blvd to learn about bats.  The kids wore their Batman t-shirts and I wore my super-awesome Batman jacket.  We saw a grand total of ONE bat.  But still, it was cool spending time with kids.  Afterwards we had a nice dinner with my sister and my cousin Luke and his girlfriend at Founding Farmers.  I ordered a drink called "Bone."  It had Tabasco, Knob Creek bourbon and it was garnished with BACON.  It was fantastic.  I will definitely get that again. 


Saturday night I attended an MVP fundraiser at Hollywood East Cafe in Wheaton.  I came in second in the limbo contest.  Not bad for 39 years old!

Jeff Wang led Timmy, T, Kristina, Pic, Rosanna, and me through the following workout on Sunday 9/22:



  • 5 minute light warm up
  • 10 minutes dynamic stretching
  • Body Weight Strength Focus (1 minute per station, 3 times around each station)
    • Russian curls (Partner) 
    • Staggered push-up 
    • Plank w/ leg drop (Partner) 
    • ATW lunge 
    • Renegade rows 
    • Lateral mountain climber 
  • Ladder Conditioning Focus 
    • Bunny hop
    • 1 legged bunny rt, 1 legged bunny lt
    • Lateral bunny
    • Skier (45 degrees for hips) then sprint 
    • Cross-over shuffle (outside leg starts) then sprint 
    • Backward cross-over shuffle then trunk rotation
    • Train then trunk rotation
    • Snake FF/over/BB then push/pull
    • Triple jump (3, 4, max) then push/pull
    • Quarter squats on side of ladder then sprint
It took us about an hour and a half to complete.  We hope to do this or something like this every weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment